These resources have proven useful in helping me build my unit plans and course goals for Writing & Rhetoric. Please include any recommendations in the comments below!
- Addler-Kassner, Linda, and Elizabeth Wardle. Naming What We Know: Threshold Concepts of Writing Studies. (Utah State UP, 2015).
- Bean, John C. Engaging Ideas: The Professor's Guide to Integrating Writing, Critical Thinking, and Active Learning in the Classrom, 2nd ed. (Jossey-Base, 2011)
- Glenn, Cheryl, and Melissa Goldthwaite. The St. Martin’s Guide to Teaching Writing, 7th ed. (Bedford, 2014).
- Lunsford, Andrea. The Everyday Writer, FIU ed. (Bedford, 2016).
- Ramage, John, John C. Bean, and June Johnson. The Allyn and Bacon Guide to Writing, FIU ed. (Pearson, 2016).
- Sommers, Nancy. Responding to Student Writing. (Bedford, 2013).
- Introduction: Coming to Terms (Naming What We Know)
- Chapter 8: Teaching Style (St. Martin's Guide to Teaching Writing)
- awaywithwords: On the Possibilities in Unavailable Designs (St. Martin's Guide to Teaching Writing)
- Unit 6 - Autobiographical Narrative Group Presentation (Guide to Writing)
- Best Practices for Preventing Plagiarism
- FIU Syllabus Requirements
- How to Encourage an Effective Discussion
- How to Respond to Student’s Writing
- Increasing Inclusivity in the Classroom
- No Red Ink
- Peer Reviewing
- Social Media in the Classroom
- Teaching ESL Students
- Teaching Philosophy Guidelines
- Using Discussion Questions Effectively
Post a Comment